"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Saturday, November 3, 2007

Day 12 Morning Inspiration (My Sacred Life)

After writing in my journal as usual this morning, I booted my laptop & turned on the television a few minutes after 8:00 as I made coffee ... discovered Wayne Dyer speaking on the topic of INSPIRATION ... and found myself captivated when he shared the following quote:

"The morning breeze has secrets to tell you.
Do not go back to sleep."
---Rumi


I've risen earlier than usual the past few days ... throwing my sleep cycle off. Fortunately I'm "happily retired" ... so this doesn't create the problems for me that it might for others. I did find it interesting to receive this reinforcement for I know the truth conveyed by A Course in Miracles as follows:

"The memory of God comes to the quiet mind."

When Dr. Dyer asked his audience to raise their hands if they wake between 3 and 4 in the morning, I was astonished to see so many respond in the affirmative. Not many indicated that they actually rise at that time, but he encouraged those who were willing to try put their feet on the floor and listen receptively the next time they awakened early ... indicating the wee hours are when we are closest to Spirit.

I find myself wondering how many "early birds"
...(or Larks, as my friend J refers to us)...
are out there?


4 comments:

Kayce aka lucy said...

love these quotes...i have been sleeping later than normal lately only to realize that the clocks switch back tonight. i think my body had already switched cycles.

"larks" is a great word for early birds :-)

His Girl Friday said...

I like the quotes!! I'm an early riser, and have many memories of early morning cycling along PCH from Seal Beach, along Chula Vista, and sometimes to the HB pier...I miss living by the ocean!!

storyteller said...

Occasionally when traveling, I wonder if living in the mountains near a lake might be similar to living near the ocean ... but returning home to the beach reminds me why I love the coast of Southern California and I can't picture myself living anywhere else.

His Girl Friday said...

I hope to make it back to the ocean someday, as well...although my husband prefers the mountains and high lakes....I'm hoping to find a place to retire that has elements of both...we're thinking of the Pacific NW...but that's a 'few' years away as yet! :)