"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Friday, December 7, 2007

It's another rainy day in Southern California, but I've borrowed a bit of "snow" to share in this globe


In my wanderings around the Blogosphere this morning, I came upon this at Melissa's ... and am very glad she found it several years ago, bookmarked it, and shared it again this year. Click on the Snowglobe graphic and follow the directions.

Be warned ... it's a bit addicting, but it will make you laugh!



My Zen card for the day is
RENUNCIATION


"Each
day,
ACCEPT
everything
that comes to you
as a gift.
At night,
mentally give it all back.
In this way, you become FREE.
No one can ever
take anything from you, for
nothing is yours."
Daniel Levin

8 comments:

Annie Z said...

You are right. Its VERY addictive!!!!

Monique Kleinhans said...

I'm going to use this as my meditation focus for however long it takes for this to become practice and habit...I've been holding on to too many things lately and not accepting almost as much with the compassion of someone receiving a 'gift'....

thank you,
blessings.

storyteller said...

Annie - I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Ladybug - This is one I've been working on for quite a while, and suspect I'll be working with indefinitely. I'm glad it resonates with you and hope it helps you practice and built a new habit.

Hugs and blessings to you both,

Momisodes said...

I loved this! I loved watching the bird.. :) What a great way to burn off some holiday stress ;)

Kayce aka lucy said...

thanks for pointing me toward melissa's place. i had some good smiles over there :-)

storyteller said...

Sandy and Lucy
I’m glad to bring some smiles to you both and to introduce you to Melissa. I always enjoy my visits to her Blog also :)

Karen said...

Oh boy--I have to make sure not to do this in front of my son! If he see it, he'll never let me turn off the computer.

storyteller said...

Mom's are supposed to SHARE these things with their kids, right? LOL All things in moderation Karen.
Just be glad he doesn't seek out and roll in dog poop.
I just picked up Molly from the groomer because she smelled SO BAD (after doing just THAT this morning -- I'm told it's a "Lab thing" ... but it's one I could live without) and I didn't want to give her a bath myself on such a chilly day. She'll be nicer to cuddle with later :)
Hugs and blessings,