"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Wednesday, December 5, 2007

It's Day 5 at Holidailies, but Day 1 for Me (since I just discovered this project and signed up)

As I wrote yesterday at
Small Reflections

when I
announced my decision to participate
in the Holidailies project there,
I found the following
while wandering
in the Blogosphere.
and
I wondered
whether or not
I needed a break after
NaBloPoMo.

Then, I noticed a tiny link to Holidailies, read all about it, and decided it could be fun. That's how the little "penguin logo" came to inhabit my sidebar at Small Reflections and the "bell logo" showed up in the sidebar here at Sacred Ruminations. Because I'd already published something yesterday, I decided to make today's post my formal introduction on this Blog. I've added additional links to other pages under the logo to make it easy for others to follow along and/or participate if desired.

So, I'm planning
to keep the momentum going
and publish 31 posts in 31 days
during December :)


Today's Zen card -- PROSPERITY says:

*
"Prosperity
is not
in what you have
attained,

but rather in what you
GIVE away ...

For it is only when
you BECOME empty that
you can be filled with something greater."
Daniel Levin

May you & yours prosper
throughout this holiday season.

Addendum: For a wonderful list of young kids' definitions of "Love" visit Peajay's Blog.

8 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

That Zen Card is so appropriate for the season!

storyteller said...

Mama Zen
Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to stop by. These cards keep me focused on what matters, and what doesn't when life gets too busy.
Hugs and blessings,

Mother of Invention said...

An excellent one! Just like that song, "Love is Something if You Give It Away" (Magic Penny)

storyteller said...

M o I
Yes! Leave it to you to think in terms of music :)
Hope you're feeling better.
Hugs and blessings,

The Dream said...

I am SO grateful to have found your two blogs - COOL! You and I seem to have similar interests. I am a huge fan of New Mexico - and the Sanctuario de Chimayo. I have my holy dirt in a black pottery bowl I created out on a reservation a few years ago. I'll be back later to read more of what you are putting out to the world. Peace.

storyteller said...

Dream
I'm so glad you found ME and left this comment. I've been visiting your Blog ... left a few comments there ... realized I'd visited previously but somehow lost track of you. It's good to reconnect and I look forward to getting better acquainted :)
Hugs and blessings,

Kara said...

Virginia - all the links you are giving are great - I'm enjoying and I think I'm learning from you ;-)
blessings

storyteller said...

Thanks Kara and welcome back! You know I'd still be dragging my feet if you hadn't gotten me started back in October. I'm glad to know I can repay the favor :)
Hugs and blessings,