"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Success, Tranquility, and Self Acceptance


"SUCCESS

is not found
in what
you have achieved,
but rather in
WHO you have become.
TRANQUILITY
is achieved when
you are in
HARMONY with all beings
and all situations.
Knowing that everything is precisely
the WAY it is meant to be."
"Your TRUE nature is neither good nor bad.
It is not found in enlightenment or lost in delusion.

It is the spotless BEAUTY of all creations.

Who then is the self you are accepting or not accepting?"

Daniel Levin

funny pictures

7 comments:

bella said...

Not found in enlightenment or lost in delusion.
Wow.
this woke me up.

Karen said...

"Your TRUE nature is neither good nor bad"--this one is easy to lose sight of. I seem to veer between thinking I'm a horrible person (everything I do/say/think is bad) and believing that I know the truth, what I do/say/think is good/right--and everyone who disagrees is wrong. Craziness! We need to find the calm center.

storyteller said...

Bella - From what I've read on your Blog, it seems to me you're wide awake woman. That said, I'm glad to have shared this thought to shake something loose and bring it to mind. It's all too easy to lose sight of important "stuph" and wander a bit before returning to our chosen path.

Karen - Ah yez. It's seldom "either/or" but often "both/and" ... and learning to embrace and accept all parts of ourselves as "perfect in their imperfection" allows us to do the same for others. Methinks that's what "love one another" is about. I believe I've shared previously the image I hold in mind about us each being unique pieces in a giant jigsaw puzzle ... none of us is exactly the same size or shape, but unless we "show up" and do our part (exactly as we are), the image has "holes" no one else can fill. As for the pendulum swings, I suspect BALANCE is achieved once we've experienced the extremes and realize neither (and both) represent "truth" ... so we find the place where we can "rest without strain" ... peacefully.

Thanks for visiting here at Sacred Ruminations. Happy Holidays to you and yours …
Hugs and blessings to you both,

Kayce aka lucy said...

great photo!!

storyteller said...

Yes Lucy - I loved it too ... and (serendipitously) thought it a perfect "visual" for THIS post. I love it when a plan comes together.
Hugs and blessings,

Sapphire Eagle © said...

I love this wonderful site, this photo is identical to one I have with a cat called Serendipity that is a beautifully resonant ghost cat... sombre and translucent! (at least I like to think that he is chasing mistral moths that float in the ether) ...

storyteller said...

Sapphire-X
Thanks for visiting on Christmas Day and sharing your thoughts. I hope the spirit of the season will remain with us all and fill 2008 with wonder and joy.
Hugs and blessings,