"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Thursday, December 6, 2007

On Obstacles, Forgiveness, and Light

Tuesday's "daily email message" from Renaissance Unity said:
"You'll encounter many obstacles along the road to living your dreams. Some obstacles may be real, some imagined, some may be tangible, and some may be intangible. Some of those obstacles will be created by others, and some will be self-imposed. However they manifest, you will always be given the choice as to whether you give them power."
~Francine Ward
The affirmation suggested was:
I am able to move around, over or through every obstacle with God's help.
I'm not sure they had in mind what's been happening with my computer and my challenges with Blogger, but it sure fits. Most of these seem real, but who can say for sure? :)

Today's message seems like excellent advice. It reads:
"The forgiving state of mind is a magnetic power for attracting good." ~Catherine Ponder
And the Affirmation says:
I release my hold on the past and its problems.
It's positively uncanny how often these daily email messages "hit the mark" and I supposed that's why I continue to subscribe, even though my email box contains more messages than I'm ever likely to read because I tend to ignore much of what's there most of the time.

Yesterday's message was my favorite of the three:
"...this by the tender mercy of our God who from on high will bring the rising Sun to visit us, to give light to those who live in darkness and the shadow of death, and to guide our feet into the way of peace."
~Luke 1:78-79
The accompanying affirmation:
I am lifted up out of darkness and into the Light by the power of God
This message (and it's accompanying affirmation) seems all the more appropriate as we prepare for Christmas celebrations and remembrance of Christ's birth. Each daily message also contains a prayer. Yesterday's was:
Dear God,
You are the light of the world and the light in our hearts. At this holy season may we all remember to share our love with everyone. Help us make room for You and for each other in our hearts and in our lives.
Thank You, God.
I think I'll make this MY walking prayer today.

7 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful, Virginia. The daily email messages you're receiving are hitting the mark for you, and the subsequent blogs are the hitting the mark for me--this is just what I needed to hear today. Thank you.

storyteller said...

Karen,
Wow ... thanks for the feedback. I know these daily emails "work" for me (I've used them for decades) but it's wonderful knowing they "speak" to others as well :)
Hugs and blessings,

The Dream said...

Beautiful walking prayer, indeed. He IS "The WAY, The TRUTH, The LIGHT."

storyteller said...

Amen to that :)
I'm going to keep the prayer today because I'm still dealing with Blogger obstacles and practicing forgiveness as best I can. It seems like the minute I solve one problem, another pops up. Such is life! Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment.
Hugs and blessings,

The Dream said...

I LOVE MOLLY! She and Sunny look very much alike, actually. He lives for tennis balls - he has progressed from ripping them apart and trying to eat them to removing the fuzz off of them but leaving them in tact. Sunny is 80 lbs. and thinks he's a lap dog. He is perfect to cuddle up with on chilly evenings! Off to walk my madman! Peace.

storyteller said...

Ohmygosh ... tennis balls NEVER last around Molly unless I'm right there tossing them for her to retrieve (her favorite game). She reduces them to bits & pieces in nothing flat when I leave them with her. On the other hand, she leaves MY stuph alone :)

Molly has a very sensitive stomach and as a result eats nothing but IVD Sweet Potato & Duck food (and treats of course). She was so sick as a pup, we feared we'd lose her, but she's hail & hearty today ... though weighs just about 53 lbs.

She KNOWS she's a "lap dog" and won't let me head off to bed without at least a half hour of "cuddles" first. She LOVES to run and play at Dog Beach, but it's raining today so we're playing indoors. Funny how a dog who loves the water is fussy about rain.
Hugs and blessings,

Annie Z said...

What wonderful messages you are receiving. Fantastic!
A
xx