"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Letting Go - Quotes for Considerations



Quote found at Tales of Tanglewood
"Just think of the trees: they let the birds perch and fly, with no intention to call them when they come and no longing for their return when they fly away. If people's hearts can be like the trees, they will not be off the Way." Langya

"What happens
to you
does not matter;
what you BECOME through
those experiences
is
all that is significant.
This is the true MEANING of life."
Daniel Levin

"Cultivating a generous spirit starts with mindfulness. Mindfulness, simply stated, means paying attention to what is actually happening; it's about what is really going on." - Nell Newman

5 comments:

thailandchani said...

Love 'em! I especially like the one about the trees. That's an excellent lesson. "Entering the stream" as they call it.

Maude Lynn said...

Great quotes! And, I love the puppies!

storyteller said...

Chani and Mama Zen,
Thanks to both of you for stopping by at this busy season. I'm so far behind I don't know how (or if) I'll catch up, but I'm doing what I can and it has to be good enough. Quotes like these help me stay centered ... and the puppies were just too cute!
Hugs and blessings to you both,

The Dream said...

CUTE PUPPIES!!!
The quotes are fantastic - mindfulness ... so good to be tuned in, eh?

storyteller said...

Dream
Yez … I thought you’d enjoy them. Puppies are pretty special always, but these two remind me of Molly as a baby-dog. Welcome back. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with family. Ah … mindfulness … definitely good to “tune in” each moment (or whenever possible).
Hugs and blessings,